Ann-Claire is a Senior Lecturer and Research in the Criminology Discipline at the School of Arts and Humanities.
- CRI3109 - International Human Rights
- CRI3205 - Professional Ethics, Accountability and Integrity
Ann-Claire is a legal sociologist with over 20 years of academic teaching and researching experience in Criminology and Justice. She is passionate about human rights, particularly as they relate to women and children as is evidenced by her research publications and post graduate supervision topics. Ann-Claire sits on several journal editorial boards and regularly reviews refereed journal articles.
- ECU Faculty of Business and Law Research and Higher Degrees Committee, Member
- Forum on Public Policy Oxford Round Table, Editorial Advisory Board Member - (since 2010)
- Journal of Politics & Law, Editorial Board Member - (since 2009)
Awards and recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2018 - The School of Arts and Humanities Psychology and Criminology Staff Award
- 2014 and 2015 - The Faculty of Business & Law Dean’s award for postgraduate research supervision.
- 2014 - The Faculty of Business & Law ‘Outstanding Supervisor Performance in your Faculty (Business and Law).
- 2013 - Certificate of Excellence: Demonstrated Excellence in Higher Degree by Research Student Supervision for 2012 for the Faculty of Business and Law. Awarded by Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) ECU.
Research areas and interests
- Human Rights
- Legislation and Policy
- Sex Trafficking