David Hodgson is Senior Lecturer in Social Work, in the School of Arts and Humanities.
- Coordinator, Master of Social Work (Advanced Practice)
- Honours supervision
- PhD supervision
- SWK1102 - Philosophy, Knowledge and Ethics
- SWK2114 - Community Health and Wellbeing
- SWK3112 - Social Work Theory and Practice 1: Advanced Interpersonal Skills
- SWK4120 - Social Work Project
David’s teaching, research, and professional involvement covers philosophy of ethics, critical thinking and decision-making, project management, social work practice skills and supervision, and social program design and evaluation.
- 2000 - continuing, Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- 2015 - continuing, Executive Committee Member of the Australian and New Zealand Social Work and Welfare Educators Research (ANZSWWER)
- 2015 - continuing Editorial Board Member for the journal ‘Australian Social Work’
Awards and recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2005, 2006, 2007 - Nominee for the Edith Cowan University Faculty of Regional Professional Studies Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007 - Nominee for the Vice Chancellor’s Citation Award (Excellence in Teaching)
- 2008 - Winner, Edith Cowan University Faculty of Regional Professional Studies Excellence in Teaching Award.
- 2009 - Certificate of Excellence, for “Outstanding academic achievement in the Graduate Certificate of Research Management at Southern Cross University”
- 2016 - Nominee for the Vice Chancellor’s Citation Award (Excellence in Teaching).
Research areas and interests
Governmentality studies, social work theory, social work education and curriculum, decision-making and ethics