Vicki is an Associate Dean, Social Science within the School of Arts and Humanities.
- CSV3109/4109 - Vulnerable People and Communities
- CSV1102/4102 - Introduction to Social Analysis.
- 2019 – present: Member board of Management, Pat Giles Centre
- 2002 - present: Director, Ngala Board of Management
- 2002 - 2012: Chair, Accreditation Decisions Review Committee (Commonwealth) Ministerial Appointment.
- 1999 - 2011: Coordinator, International Programs
- 1998: Head of School, School of Community Studies, ECU.
- 1995 - 1998: Board Member, Joondalup Community Foundation (Inc) and Trust.
- 1996 - 1997: Western Australian Work and Child Care Advisory Service - Member
- 1992 - 1994: Chair of Department of Human Services, ECU.
- 1986 - 1988: Children’s Advisory Council, [Inaugural Member] Western Australia (Ministerial appointment)
- 1985 - 1988: Child Care Planning Committee, Western Australia (Ministerial appointment)
- Social Care Institute for Excellence.
Awards and recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2019 - Australian Award for University Teaching (AAUT): Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
- 2011 - Executive Dean’s Award
- 2010 - Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
National and International Research Positions
- 2002: Visiting Scholar to Centre for Children and Family Studies, Advent Links-SAUC, Singapore
Research areas and interests
- Vulnerable people and communities and rights
- Application of the knowledge in enhancing wellbeing of people and communities.