Dr Somayeh is a lecturer in Business Services in the School of Business and Law.
- Working Across Cultures
- Organisational Behaviour
Dr Somayeh has collaborated with well-known scholars from the University of Sydney, the Australian National University, and the University of Otago in a variety of research projects. As a result of her research collaboration, her work has appeared in journals, such as Journal of Business Ethics, and The Leadership Quarterly. She has also presented her research papers at several recognised international conferences such as the Academy of Management (AOM) Meetings, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM), British Academy of Management (BAM), and International Leadership Association (ILA).
Currently, Dr Somayeh is serving as an Executive Committee Member at Academy of Management (AOM)-Organizational Behaviour Division. She has also served as a reviewer for highly recognized journals such as International Journal of Human Resource Management. Besides, Dr Somayeh has professional experience of working as a senior operation director in a software company in Taiwan. She is currently looking for expansion of her research collaboration, research areas, and research methodologies.
- Academy of Management ( Organisational Behaviour Division), Executive Committee Member.
Awards and recognition
- 2014 - 2017 - Doctoral Scholarship, University of Otago, New Zealand
- 2011 - 2013 - Distinguished International Student Scholarship, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Research areas and interests
- Leadership (Leader Humility, Paradoxical leadership, Authentic leadership)
- Innovation (Ambidexterity)
- Organizational culture and climate
- Job stress and emotional exhaustion
- Trust and LMX
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods