Dr Nader Atawnah is a Lecturer in Finance in the School of Business and Law.
Dr Nader has completed his PhD in 2019. Prior to joining ECU, he has worked in Latrobe University, Monash University, and Australian Catholic University as sessional tutor and lecturer. He is an active researcher. His research focuses on empirical corporate finance, corporate governance, financial markets quality, financial accounting, and trade policy.
- Finance 1
- Quantitative Skills for Business
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ).
- Member, Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA).
- Member, Golden Key International Honour Society (GK).
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 – Best paper award at the 9th Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference (FMCG), Melbourne
- 2015 – 2019 – La Trobe University Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS), Melbourne
- 2015 – 2018 – La Trobe University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS), Melbourne
- 2013 – The Dean’s Commendation for postgraduate studies, Latrobe University
Research Areas and Interests
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Markets Quality
- Financial Accounting (Earnings Management, Tax Avoidance).
- Trade policy.