Dr Paul Jackson is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Business and Law. He is a member of the Australian Computer Society.
- Project Risk Management
- Information, Contemporary Technologies and Decision Making
- Databases and Business Intelligence
- IT Value Realisation
- Program Management
- Contemporary Approaches to Project Management
Dr Paul Jackson has been an Information Technology (IT) industry practitioner and has managed systems development of large software systems in diverse areas such as enterprise resource planning, public housing, and network management in Australia and Germany. He has consulted to many industry and public service organizations in strategic IT planning, IT-business alignment and innovation management. Paul joined ECU in June 2002 and has a PhD in information systems development.
Awards and recognition
- 2016 – Australian Conference on Information Systems, best theoretical paper
- 2014 – Operational Research Society (UK) Cook Medal for best paper in Knowledge Management Research and Practice.
- 2013 - Dean’s Prize for Excellence in Research, ECU Faculty of Business & Law.
- 2010 - Research Fellowship, ECU Faculty of Business & Law.
- 2010 - Dean’s Prize for Best Paper by an Established Researcher, Business School, University of Western Australia.
- 2009 - Dean’s Prize for Early Career Researcher, ECU Faculty of Business & Law.
- 2008 - Emerald Literati “Highly Commended” award, Journal of IT & People.
- 2015 – Visiting Researcher, Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft, Berlin
- 2013 - Visiting Lecturer, Universität der Künste, Berlin
- 2011 - Respondent, Inauguration of Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft, Berlin
- 2010 - Visiting Fellow, Università Bocconi, Milan
Research areas and interests
- Innovation and knowledge management
- Transactive Memory Systems
- Philosophy and sociology of technology development and use