eAgriculture Research Group
The eAgriculture Research Group promotes, facilitates and undertakes innovative information and communication technology based research that will contribute to the sustainability and productivity of agricultural industries in Western Australia and internationally.
The aims of the eAgriculture Research Group are to:
- provide ICT research and development expertise for agricultural and rural industrial sectors;
- conduct research which will facilitate improvements in the sustainability and profitability of the agriculture sector through the use of technologies and better management strategies; and
- create an environment for opportunities for interdisciplinary research focused on rural systems and promote training of staff and postgraduate students in research in this field.
Our research focuses on:
- agricultural data mining;
- agricultural informatics;
- agricultural tools and decision systems; and
- environmental sensors networks.
Since 2002, members of the group have collaborated with the agricultural industry in Western Australia and across Asia. Members have worked on agricultural industry based projects and supervised research students. We have also engaged with farmer groups both within Australia and internationally. We have published journals and conference papers from a number of research projects and held international conference workshops. Members of the group have also achieved high publication outputs.
Members of the research group have worked with collaborators from University of New England in Australia, and internationally IIT Bombay, IIIT Hyderabad, NACP, Delhi, University of Mumbai, IWMI in India and Khon Kaen University in Thailand as well local government agencies industry groups such as DAFWA and iVEC.
Members of our research group have attracted research funds totalling over $430,000 in the 2010/2011 and more than $2 million from National and International Grants from Australian Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research and Grains Research and Development Corporation, Nortel and iVEC over the last 5 years.
If you would like to contact the eAgriculture Research Group, please email eAgriculture@ecu.edu.au.