Top of page
Global Site Navigation

School of Education

Local Section Navigation
You are here: Main Content


In order to undertake a Professional Practice in a school or child care centre, you must have supplied ECU with evidence of the following two current clearances:

  • Working with Children Check
  • National Police History Check

Working With Children Check

If you are over 18 and participating in any professional practice, you must provide evidence of a current, valid Working With Children Check (WWCC).

If you hold a current WWCC, you need to show this to staff at ECU and they will record the details.

If you do not already have a WWCC you are required to apply for one.

For more information about WWCC please see the Working with Children Check website.

National Police History Check

Before you can participate in the professional practice component of your chosen course, if you are over 18 you will need to supply ECU with evidence of a valid National Police History Check from the Department of Education Western Australia.

Please note that the National Police History Check as issued by the Department of Education Western Australia is not the same as a State or Federal police clearance.

Further information and applications are available from the Department of Education WA Screening website.

Skip to top of page