The Centre for Research in Early Childhood (CREC) conducts research into the experiences of children, families and early childhood professionals in a range of contexts. We aim to explore and promote the crucial nature of early childhood to the future well-being of all children, particularly in relation to ‘closing the gap’ that exists between families and communities. We are committed to conducting our research ethically and using our research outcomes to bring about change that increases equity and access to opportunity.
Our objectives are to:
- bring together active researchers in the field of early childhood to sustain and develop our community of research and scholarship;
- build on and extend our reputation of excellence in early childhood teaching and research within the University, nationally and internationally;
- develop and support research skills of staff and students in early childhood in order to increase staff and post-graduate research in early childhood education;
- build on collaborative research opportunities within early childhood communities and industry partners;
- increase internal and external research income and to promote research outcomes in early childhood education and care; and
- influence national policy and practice in early childhood education and care.