Donna is a Lecturer for School of Education.
- HPE2112 - Physical Activity, Body, Culture and Identity
- HPE3101 - Teaching Secondary Health Education
- HPE3201 - Planning, Reaching and Assessment in Health Education
- PHE4612 - Issues in health Education
- PHE6713 - Specialised Health Studies Foundations
- PHE6714 - Specialised Secondary Health Studies
- PPA3211 - Second Professional Practice
- PPA4311 - Assistant Teaching Program.
Donna has taught Health and Physical Education in primary, secondary and tertiary educational settings and held key positions of responsibility in the public, private and Catholic education sectors. Donna was writer of the K-10 Syllabus for Health and Physical Education in Western Australia, the online course for Protective Behaviours in Western Australia, the Aboriginal Education supplement for the Protective Behaviours Curriculum and the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical Education.
- TRBWA - Teachers registration Board of Western Australia
- ACHPER - Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- WAIER - Western Australian Institute for Educational Research
- PESTA - Physical Education Teachers Association
- Past President ACHPER WA (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation)
- Board member Halidon Primary School
- Board member Greenwood college.
Awards and recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2019 - The Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning: For pioneering and championing inclusive, strengths-based health education, empowering pre-service secondary teachers with transformative capacities to cultivate health-literate young Australians.
- 2019 - ECU Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Excellence Award, Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
National and International Research Awards
- 2020 - Overall performance in the Teacher Education program of research: ECU School of Education
- 2018 - ACHPER National Fellow: Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- 2018 - Alison Lee Scholarship (AARE)
- 2018 - WAIER Research Grant
- 2018 - WAIER Early Career Award
- 2011 - Doctor Susan Holland Scholarship: Edith Cowan University
- 2011 - 3MT Peoples’ Choice Winner: Edith Cowan University.
Research areas and interests
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Practicum experiences
- Inclusivity and diversity in Health and Physical Education
- Health and Physical Education teacher needs.
Internal Research Grants
- 2019 - ECU Collaboration to Bring Farm to Fork to Market, School of Medical and Health Sciences School Collaboration Grant. $10,000
- 2018 - ECU Strategic Initiative Fund (SIF) - Get ready, set and go: A vision for Health and Physical Education (HPE). $21,697
- 2016 - ECU Centre for Learning and Teaching Small Grant - Y68 Course review for pre-service Health and Physical Education teachers. $3,000.