Elisabeth is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery. She is the course coordinator for the Master of Healthcare Studies.
- NMY6100 Applied work Integrated Learning Foundations
- NMY6102 Applied work Integrated Learning Project
- NMY6103 Applied work Integrated Learning Review
- NMY6104 Applied work Integrated Learning Proposal
- NCS1201 Foundations of Nursing
Jacob commenced as a university lecturer in 2008 in the Nursing
Division. Prior to this, Elisabeth practiced as a registered nurse for
over 20 years in both rural and metropolitan hospitals. She has experience as a
nurse unit manager, clinical nurse educator, post graduate educator and
clinical nurse, practicing in medical, emergency and intensive care wards.
- 2015: Senior Lecturer, Coordinator Master of Healthcare Studies – School of Nursing and Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, WA.
- 2013-2014: Lecturer – School of Nursing and Midwifery, Federation University, Gippsland, Victoria.
- 2008-2013: Lecturer/Researcher – School of Nursing and Midwifery – Monash University Gippsland, Nursing Academic coordinator, East Gippsland Regional Clinical School, Victoria.
- 2008-2012: Casual Nurse – Central Gippsland Health Service, Emergency, CCU, Victoria.
- 2008-2009: Sessional Lecturer – East Gippsland TAFE, Diploma of Nursing students, Vic.
- 2005-2008: Clinical Educator – Graduate Nurse Coordinator, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service, Victoria.
- 2003-2005: Nurse Unit Manager – Acute Medical/CCU, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- 2000-2004: Post Graduate Clinical Educator/ Clinical Nurse Specialist – Critical Care Unit, Central Gippsland Health Service, Vic.
practice as Registered Nurse in Intensive Care, Critical Care, Operating
Theatre, Emergency, General medical/surgical in hospitals in NSW, Victoria and
Tasmania, Australia and Nepal.
- Australian Nurse Teachers’ Society
- Victorian Simulation Alliance
- Member Australian College of Nursing No.61997
Member Australian Nursing
and Midwifery Federation
Awards and Recognition
- 2015: Reviewer of the Month for Nurse Education in Practice for returning a
thorough, considered and well organized review which provides a solid
foundation upon which an author may revise their manuscript or take a review
forward to strengthen their onward writing skills.
- 2013: Monash Institute of Graduate Research PhD Scholarship (Annual stipend $24,000).
- 2012: Monash University Vice-Chancellor’s Social Inclusion Award ($2,000) for significant contribution to supporting the University’s commitment to social justice and human rights, Nomination for establishment and commencement of Bairnsdale site for the School of Nursing and Midwifery
- 2009: B-HERT Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Collaboration in Research & Development, Higher Education & Training, Vocational Education & Training. Honourable Mention: Section: Best Collaboration with a Regional Focus in Research & Development or Education & Training, Project Title: Building Capacity for Clinical Placements in East Gippsland for Undergraduate Health Professional Students
Research Areas and Interests
- Development of the Nursing workforce,
- Skill mix and its effect on patient outcomes,
- Mixed methods research