The aim of this project is to develop and evaluate a financial literacy education program to be delivered in the workplace that will increase financial literacy, engagement with retirement savings and overall financial well being. This aim has five components:
- Develop a financial education program to be delivered within employee training;
- Design the financial education program to integrate finance information and desired behaviour change;
- Evaluate the program’s impact with respect to participant financial knowledge, engagement, behaviour change, and financial wellbeing;
- Investigate the relationship amongst financial literacy, retirement planning engagement and financial wellbeing; and,
- Incorporate pedagogical principles in the education program informed by research in cognitive psychology.
The University of Western Australia, Associate Professor Paul Gerrans
Professor Craig Speelman