- Y89 Bachelor of Science (Environmental Management)
- Beijing University of Agriculture articulated degree
- SCI2112 Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
- SCI2117 Genetics
- SCI3114 Ecophysiology
- SCI3309 Biological & Chemical Hazards
- SCI5140 Current Issues in Natural Sciences
- 1988-1989: Research Officer (NH&MRS) Monash University
- 1990-1992: Research Fellow (ARC) La Trobe University
- 2005-2007: TEE (WA) Biology Examiner.
- Society of Australian Systematic Biologists
- Australian Barcode of Life Network
- Australian Society for Limnology
- International Astacology Association
- Australian Institute of Biology, Fellow
- Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australia
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 1999 - Teaching Fellowship Award for Excellence in Teaching, Edith Cowan University.
- 2011, 2015 - External panel member on formal review of BSc (Biological Science) Deakin University.
Research Areas and Interests
Annette Koenders has a long-standing interest in the molecular evolution and taxonomy of aquatic invertebrates and Australian freshwater crayfish in particular. Her current interests are in phylogeography and conservation of Australian invertebrates, using innovative tools for monitoring cryptic and invasive freshwater species, and metabolomic approaches to understanding reproductive physiology of freshwater crayfish.
- 2 PhD, 3 Master of Science, 1 Honours
- 5 PhD, 3 Master of Science, 4 Honours