Students will graduate industry ready with the knowledge required for a career in customer, product, and brand and revenue management. The focus of marketing is to create value for an organisation, its customers, its partners, and society at large.
This major gives students the practical skills to research the needs of customers, bring products to market, create and implement a marketing plan, manage channel partners and manage customer satisfaction and loyalty utilising industry standard technology and software. In order to give students career flexibility and access to global opportunities, the marketing major includes local, national and international contexts, ensuring our students graduate world-ready.
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MKT1600||Marketing Principles & Practices||15|
|BUS3100||Business Research Practices||15|
|MKT3600||New Product Development||15|
|Plus one unit selected from:|
|MKT2805 ^||Social Media Marketing||15|
|MKT3606 ^||Current Issues in Marketing||15|
^ Core Option
For more detailed unit information for this Major take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging marketing problems systematically.
- Apply broad marketing knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Communicate marketing knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect on appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Potential opportunities exist in business-to-business, business-to-consumer, government-to-consumer and the not-for-profit sectors.
Possible future job titles
Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Customer Relationship Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Product Manager, Advertising and Promotions Manager, Market Researcher