Health Management Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MAN2145||Human Resource Management||15|
|HST1183||Health, Society and Sustainability||15|
|HST2184||Communicable Disease Control||15|
|MAN2610||Managing for Sustainability||15|
|HST2220||Health Promotion Planning and Administration||15|
- Apply broad and coherent knowledge to a range of business situations, in the health management sector, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging business problems within health management systematically.
- Communicate business knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology to stakeholders including the health profession community, government agencies, and the public.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes, incorporating an understanding of the implications in the health settings.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change within a health management context.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development within health management.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility within health management.
Graduates will be equipped for entry level roles and middle management roles in health care environments, including in hospital settings, aged care facilities, clinics, outpatient facilities, businesses, schools and community centres.
Possible future job titles
Hospital Administrator, Facility Manager, Regional Manager, Nurse Unit Manager, Allied Health Manager, Clinical Nurse Manager, Corporate Services Manager