International Hotel and Resort Management Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|HOS2110||Food and Beverage Management||15|
|HOS2325||Managing the Service Experience||15|
|MAN2145||Human Resource Management||15|
|HOS3211||Management of Hospitality Finance||15|
|TSM3101||International Resort Management||15|
|HOS3100||Hospitality and Tourism Management||15|
|Select one unit from:|
|TSM3105 ^||Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality||15|
|TSM3500 ^||Business Events Management||15|
|BUS3100 ^||Business Research Practices||15|
|BUS3700 ^||Business Study Tour||15|
Note: BUS3700 may not be offered every year and enrolment is by application only.
^ Core Option
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging hotel management problems systematically.
- Apply broad hotel and resort management knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Communicate hotel management knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Employment opportunities for graduates exist within hotels and resorts across the global accommodation and hospitality services sector. Within these types of businesses, you may be involved in the operations and management of accommodation provision and servicing, food and beverage services (including in restaurants, cafes and bars), entertainment, gaming, events, sales and marketing or the hiring, training and supervising of staff.
Possible future job titles
Hotel Manager, Resort Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Rooms Division Manager, Front Office Manager, Hotel or Resort Sales Manager, Restaurant Manager, Cafe Manager, Bar Manager, Events and Banquets Manager, Hospitality Business Manager