Tourism and Hospitality Management Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|TSM2111||Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism||15|
|HOS2325||Managing the Service Experience||15|
|MAN2145||Human Resource Management||15|
|SPM2610||Marketing and Communications for the Service Industries||15|
|TSM2650||Travel, Destination and Visitor Management||15|
|TSM3610||Sustainable Tourism Development||15|
|HOS3100||Hospitality and Tourism Management||15|
|Plus 1 unit from:|
|TSM3105 ^||Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality||15|
|TSM3500 ^||Business Events Management||15|
|BUS3100 ^||Business Research Practices||15|
|BUS3700 ^||Business Study Tour||15|
Note: BUS3700 may not be offered every year and enrolment is by application only.
^ Core Option
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging tourism and hospitality management problems systematically.
- Apply broad tourism and hospitality management knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Communicate tourism and hospitality management knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect on appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Career opportunities for graduates exist globally within a diverse range of tourism and hospitality businesses including, tour companies, travel agencies, cruise ships, visitor centres, hotels, theme parks and visitor attraction sites, convention centres, events companies, restaurants, cafes and bars. Within these types of businesses, students may be involved in the operations and management of tourism operations, visitor services, travel agencies, hospitality services, entertainment, gaming, conferences, events and banquets, sales and marketing or the hiring, training and supervising of staff.
Possible future job titles
Tour Operator, Visitor Centre Manager, Theme Park Manager, Cruise Ship Supervisor, Eco-tourism Operator, Tour Guide, Tourist Attraction Manager, Hospitality Services Manager, Hospitality or Tourism Business Manager