Software Engineering Major
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|CSP2108||Introduction to Mobile Applications Development||15|
|CSI2312||Foundations of Software Engineering||15|
|CSI2343||Object-oriented Analysis and Design||15|
|CSI3106||Software Architectures and Design||15|
|Elective Unit||x 2||30|
- Apply broad knowledge of concepts, principles and techniques in the discipline of software engineering, including development methodologies, architectures and testing of software.
- Interpret and analyse complex problems and scenarios to design suitable software solutions.
- Apply discipline knowledge, problem solving and creative thinking skills to develop software that realises designs and solves problems.
- Demonstrate technological literacy by finding, evaluating and using relevant tools and information from a range of sources.
- Communicate software engineering concepts, architectures and designs clearly and coherently to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Appreciate the role of diversity and a global outlook when designing software.
- Work collaboratively within a development team and demonstrate initiative when engaging in software development projects.
- Demonstrate autonomous and ongoing learning in the area of software engineering to ensure continued relevance of skills and knowledge.
Possible future job titles
Software Developer, Software Engineer, Software Project Manager, Systems Analyst, Software Analyst, Systems Architect, Programmer