Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
This Major has been Accredited by: Engineers Australia.
This professional recognition only applies when you study this Major in one of the following courses:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|ENM2104||Instrumentation and Measurement||15|
|ENS2110||Materials and Manufacturing 2||15|
|ENS5261||Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Systems||15|
|ENS3105||Mechanical Design and Development||15|
|ENS2214||Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing||15|
|ENS3553||Signals and Systems||15|
|ENS5230||Electrical Machines and Transformers||15|
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and in depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the mechatronics engineering discipline.
- Think critically, and apply established engineering methods and research skills to complex mechatronics engineering problem solving.
- Apply systematic engineering synthesis and design processes to conduct and manage engineering projects, with some intellectual independence.
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics and computer and information sciences which underpin the mechatronics engineering discipline and fluently apply engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- Demonstrate clear and coherent oral and written communication in professional and lay domains.
- Demonstrate a global outlook and knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline, including respect for cultural diversity and indigenous cultural competence.
- Demonstrate effective team membership and team leadership to implement engineering projects according to relevant standards of ethical conduct, sustainable practice and professional accountability.
- Demonstrate responsibility for own learning, professional judgement and an understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice.
Mechatronics engineers have diverse employment opportunities in most sectors of industry, including product design and development, manufacturing, mining and resource, process control and automation, public utilities, road and transport, defence, aerospace, and consulting.
Possible future job titles
Mechatronics Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Automation Engineer