Recommended for students who wish to enter the aviation industry in non-flying roles. This major provides a broad professional education and introduction to the core industry activity of flying people and freight from point-to-point.
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SCA1125||Fundamentals of Flight||15|
|SCA1116||Aviation Legislation and Regulatory Frameworks||15|
|Plus one of the following group of two units:|
|SCA1117 ^||Human Factors in Aviation||15|
|SCA3200 ^||Crew Resource Management||15|
|SCA2100 ^||Flight Operations||15|
|SCA2212 ^||Advanced Aerodynamics||15|
^ Core Option
For more detailed unit information for this Major take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Apply knowledge and skills in relation to aeronautical operations to a diversity of practical scenarios, displaying creativity and innovation, successfully communicating decisions and solutions pertaining to them.
- Apply technology, information and English literacy and numeric proficiency to generate, evaluate and communicate ideas in written and oral forms across a range of aviation contexts.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- Demonstrate broad and coherent knowledge of the concepts, best-practice principles and professional developments in aviation from local and global perspectives.
- Demonstrate initiative, planning and decision making to coordinate flight operations.
- Exercise critical thinking and judgement to appropriately manage crew resources.
- Identify sustainability issues and principles that are applicable to aviation and integrate them into all aspects of professional practice.
- Review, analyse and synthesise knowledge in order to carry out advanced flight planning operations.
This major allows students to plan their career path into a range of options within the aviation industry.
Possible future job titles
Flight Planner, Aviation Operations Controller, Load Controller, CASA Regulator, Fixed Based Operations Officer, Accident Investigator