Computer Systems Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
This Major has been Accredited by: Engineers Australia.
This professional recognition only applies when you study this Major in one of the following courses:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|CSI2312||Foundations of Software Engineering||15|
|ENS3553||Signals and Systems||15|
|ENS3554||Data Communications and Computer Networks||15|
|ENS3555||Communication Systems 1||15|
|ENS5204||Real-Time Embedded Systems||15|
|ENS5251||Digital Signal Processing||15|
|Elective Unit||x 1||15|
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and in depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the computer systems engineering discipline.
- Think critically, and apply established engineering methods and research skills to complex computer systems engineering problem solving.
- Apply systematic engineering synthesis and design processes to conduct and manage computer systems engineering projects, with some intellectual independence.
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics and computer and information sciences which underpin the computer systems engineering discipline and fluently apply engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- Demonstrate clear and coherent oral and written communication in professional and lay domains.
- Demonstrate a global outlook and knowledge of contextual factors impacting the computer systems engineering discipline, including respect for cultural diversity and indigenous cultural competence.
- Demonstrate effective team membership and team leadership (EA 3.6) to implement engineering projects according to relevant standards of ethical conduct, sustainable practice and professional accountability.
- Demonstrate responsibility for own learning, professional judgement and an understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice.
Employment opportunities include the development and design of microcomputer systems, computer networks, complex real-time systems, high performance processors, multimedia systems, and control and automation.
Possible future job titles
Computer Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems Engineer, Electronic Engineer