Sports Science Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MHS1101||Anatomy and Physiology 1||15|
|MHS1102||Anatomy and Physiology 2||15|
|SPS1111||Foundations of Fitness and Training||15|
|SPS2516||Motor Learning and Control||15|
|SPS3101||Psychology of Sport and Exercise||15|
|Plus one unit from:|
|SPS3502 ^||Advanced Biomechanics||15|
|SPS3505 ^||Advanced Exercise Physiology||15|
|SPS3111 ^||Physical Activity and Health||15|
|SPS3601 ^||Advanced Social Psychology of Exercise and Sport||15|
^ Core Option
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of exercise and sports science theoretical and practical situations.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and solve complex exercise and sports science situations.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges and generate solutions in an exercise and sports science context.
- Use digital technologies and literacies to assess, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Communicate exercise and sports science knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of populations.
- Demonstrate a global outlook in exercise and sport science situations, showing sensitivity for diversity.
- Demonstrate appropriate social and ethical values by working cooperatively and collaboratively in exercise and sports science settings.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and initiative for own learning and professional practice.
Graduates are prepared for careers in the health, exercise, fitness and sport industries.
Possible future job titles
Personal Trainer, Sports Development Officer, Exercise Scientist, Physical Activity Officer, Sports Coach, Strength & Conditioning Coach, Sports Scientist