Football Performance Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SPS1109||Fundamentals of Football Coaching||15|
|SPS1210||Performance Analysis and Player Monitoring in Sport||15|
|SPS2615||Sports Injury Prevention and Management||15|
|SPS2209||Assessment of the Football Player||15|
|SPS3114||Conditioning for Team Sport Athletes||15|
|SPS3530||Principles and Practices of Coaching||15|
|Plus two (2) units from:|
|SPS2301 ^||Exercise Rehabilitation||15|
|NUT3215 ^||Exercise Nutrition||15|
|SPS3505 ^||Advanced Exercise Physiology||15|
|SPS3105 ^||Advanced Resistance Training||15|
|SPS3601 ^||Advanced Social Psychology of Exercise and Sport||15|
^ Core Option
- Apply broad knowledge of football performance to a range of exercise and sport science theoretical and practical situations.
- Apply social and ethical values when working collaboratively in diverse exercise and sport science settings.
- Communicate football performance knowledge, concepts and skills clearly, coherently and with independence.
- Exhibit a global outlook with respect for cultural diversity, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural competence, when interacting with others.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges encountered in football performance contexts and generate appropriate exercise and sport science solutions.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and solve complex exercise and sport science problems commonly encountered in football contexts.
- Use digital technologies and football performance literacy to evaluate and synthesise information from multiple sources.
- Use initiative and show responsibility for own learning and professional practice.
Prepares students for professional roles in a variety of positions in the private and government sectors which require personnel with high levels of competence in the area of exercise and sports science. Graduates may pursue careers as a football sports scientist, football performance analyst, football strength and conditioning coach, or in areas such as sports coaching, sports administration and strength and conditioning.
Possible future job titles
Football Sports Scientist, Football Performance Analyst, Sports Physiologist, Sports Coach, Sports Administrator, High Performance Football, Exercise Scientist