Students seeking registration with the Paramedicine Board of Australia will be required to demonstrate English language proficiency as specified in their English language skills registration standard (https://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Standards/English-language-skills.aspx). These requirements are separate to ECU course admission English language requirements which are detailed below.
International students are required to provide an IELTS Academic with an overall minimum score of 7.0 (no individual band less than 7.0). Internationally schooled applicants may also be required to meet this requirement. Acceptable tests are as follows:
- IELTS Academic with a minimum overall score of 7.0 and a minimum score of 7.0 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking), or
- Pearson English Test (PTE) Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking), or
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section of the test:
• 24 for listening
• 24 for reading,
• 27 for writing, and
• 23 for speaking, or
- Any other accepted test or qualification from a recognised country as defined by the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
Note: English tests must be completed within 2 years of the proposed course commencement date and additional requirements may apply in relation to acceptable number of test sittings and combined scores across test sittings.
Minimum English standard requirements for this course may also be satisfied with one of the following:
- Year 12 English ATAR/English Literature ATAR grade C or better or equivalent;
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test;*
- Successfully completed 1.0 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher in the UK, Ireland, USA, NZ or Canada;
- University Preparation Course;
- Indigenous University Orientation Course;*
- Aboriginal Student Intake Test;*
- AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree; or
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent).