Data Science Major
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MAT1137||Introductory Applied Mathematics||15|
|MAT1252||Mathematics for Computing||15|
|CSG1207||Systems and Database Design||15|
|MAT2440||Time Series Forecasting||15|
|MAT3110||Applied Multivariate Statistics||15|
|MAT3120||Machine Learning and Data Visualisation||15|
- Apply broad data science knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical big data situations.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and conceptualise big data science problems.
- Think creatively or anticipate challenges to generate solutions to big data problems.
- Use digital technologies, information literacies and numeracy proficiency to access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Exhibit communication skills in statistics discourse across a range of topics/contexts of data science.
- Collecting and communicating data science analyses sensitively and ethically with respect for cultural diversity, including indigenous cultural competence.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate initiative to implement social, sustainable and ethical values.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and judgment to manage own learning and professional practice.
Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Applied Statistician