Applied Chemistry Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SCC1201||Chemistry: Structure and Reactions||15|
|SCC2301||Forensic and Analytical Chemistry||15|
|PLUS 2 units from the following list:|
|SCI3309 ^||Biological and Chemical Hazards||15|
|SCI3206 ^||Environmental Investigation and Monitoring||15|
|SCI2112 ^||Molecular Biology and Biochemistry||15|
|SCH2232 ^||Medical Biochemistry||15|
|SCH1133 ^||Human Genetics||15|
|SCH2226 ^||Human Molecular Genetics||15|
|SCH2142 ^||Forensic Genetics||15|
Note: Students without an ATAR or equivalent background in Chemistry are advised to consult with the Unit Set Coordinator as to the selection of the most appropriate units to lead into this major.
^ Core Option
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical chemistry situations.
- Think critically to analyse, experiment and interpret results to solve complex chemistry problems.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges and generate solutions of chemical problems.
- Use experimentation, literacies and/or digital technologies to access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Communicate chemical knowledge and values in professional and public contexts.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural diversity and alternate views, including Indigenous cultural competence.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate initiative to implement social, sustainable, and ethical values.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and judgement for own learning and professional practice
Possible future job titles
Analytical Chemist, Forensic Chemist, Government Scientist, Industrial Chemist, Instrumentation Consultant, Medical Chemist