Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
Students can apply for membership with Nutrition Society of Australia (NSA).
Graduates, who complete this nutrition major within a science degree, are eligible to apply to the Nutrition Society of Australia's Register of Nutritionists.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|NUT1111||Food and Nutrients||15|
|NUT1112||Nutrition and Public Health||15|
|NUT2210||Nutrition in the Life Cycle||15|
|Plus 3 units from:|
|NUT3215 ^||Exercise Nutrition||15|
|NUT3231 ^||Food Habits and Trends||15|
|NUT3221 ^||Community Nutrition||15|
^ Core Option
- Apply broad human nutrition knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical health and nutrition science situations.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret and conceptualise complex health and nutrition problems.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges and generate health and nutrition science solutions.
- Use digital technologies, numeracy and food literacies to access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Communicate health and nutrition science knowledge and uphold values in a range of community and professional contexts.
- Demonstrate global perspectives and diverse cultural competence.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate initiative to implement social, sustainable and ethical nutritional and health science values.
- Demonstrate autonomy and accountability for own learning and self-reflective professional practice.
Possible future job titles
Community Nutritionist, Corporate Nutritionist, Research Nutritionist, Sports Nutritionist, Child Health Nutritionist, Health Promotion Nutritionist, Health Lifestyle Nutritionist, Aged Care Nutritionist