Entrepreneurship and Innovation Specialisation
This postgraduate specialisation is designed for students who wish to advance their learning in entrepreneurship and innovation.
It offers graduates and experienced professionals the opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge to become an entrepreneurial manager of either a new or established business. Participants are exposed to up-to-date developments in theory and knowledge in each area, and learning is consolidated through research and case study material in seminars, discussions and assigned project work. You will learn how to deal with uncertainty, manage innovation and improve the business through the application of best practice methods of entrepreneurship, innovation and new product development.
Availability & Campus
For more detailed unit information for this Specialisation take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic business problems
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills appropriate to cultural contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of a global body of discipline knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and methods.
- Independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables.
- Justify decisions and judgements that address a complex business issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
Besides start-up ventures, potential career opportunities exist for graduates within a range of private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
Possible future job titles
Entrepreneur, Innovation manager, Technology manager, New Product Development manager, Corporate Innovator, Research and Commercialisation Manager