Health Care Leadership and Management Specialisation
Take the next step in your management career with a Master of Business Administration specialising in Health Care Leadership and Management.
This specialisation is designed to develop and educate highly skilled managers and leaders within the field of health management. Providing a strong focus on the application of leadership and management principles in health care settings to enhance client outcomes, this specialisation includes principles of management and leadership as well as a strong focus on patient safety and clinical risk.
Availability & Campus
For more detailed unit information for this Specialisation take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in leadership and management in a health care setting.
- Examine and evaluate their own leadership style and optimise its impact within their health care team.
- Review, analyse and implement conflict resolution strategies and synthesise their application within the broader health environment.
- Initiate plan and implement strategies to solve problems in coaching and mentoring processes.
- Analyse research findings related to working with aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
- Assess cultural, psychological, ethical and legal issues and their impact on patient safety.
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of proficiency when dealing with difficult interactions with managers and peers.
- Demonstrate creativity, personal autonomy, judgement and accountability in the design of clinical risk management interventions incorporating national and international standards and principles of best practice.
- Demonstrate autonomy and creativity in the application of clinical risk management interventions to the health care setting.
Graduates will be equipped for leadership roles in all health care environments, including positions in clinics, hospital settings, outpatient facilities, businesses, schools and community centres.
Possible future job titles
Allied health, nursing, management, leadership, health care, research, community health, quality and audit, midwifery, occupational health, risk management.