Skip to main content Skip to main navigation


Creative thinkers made here.
Creative thinkers made here.

All Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses that lead to Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts are funded by the WA Government through Future Skills WA.

As a student, you'll only have to pay the 'gap' between the Government training subsidy and the full cost.


The subsidy does not apply to non-Western Australian residents, or students who are repeating a unit or units.

Your fees

Fees vary from course to course. Information on the latest courses and fees can be viewed at the My Skills website.

You'll be able to confirm the cost for your course before enrolment.


VET fees set by the WA Government are generally not released until December of the year before the course starts.

Other student fees

As well as your course tuition fees, you'll also have to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee, a compulsory annual fee that covers all kinds of university services, including health, student welfare, sport and recreation and careers advice.

In 2024, the annual fee for most full-time Australian students will be $351 and for part-time students it's $175.50.

You may also have some incidental fees where you need to buy goods or services related to your studies, e.g. specific equipment.

And you can expect some other costs during your time at university, such as parking fees, library or equipment charges.

Help with paying fees

If you're undertaking an approved Diploma or Advanced Diploma course, you can apply for a student loan to cover your course fees through the Australian Department of Education's VET Student Loan scheme.

Please note that these loans are subject to eligibility requirements, and the debt is repayable to the Commonwealth government.

Further information about the scheme can be found in the Government's VET Student Loans Booklet or you can call their student hotline on 13 38 73.

If you're eligible, you can also apply for a concessional rate on your course fees.


Only Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and qualifying New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for a VET Student loan.

Fee questions

If you have any questions about course fees, including help with payment and forms to complete, please submit our Make an Enquiry form, contact us on 134 328, or visit our VET fees web page.

The Important Things

Things you should know about if you're thinking about studying here.

Course Entry

There's more than one admission pathway into an ECU course. It depends on what you've studied already, or your work or life experience.

Fees & Scholarships

Course tuition fees can change, but we can give you an estimate of your costs. If you're eligible, a scholarship or student loan can help too.


Applying for a course is a fairly simple process, especially if you have scanned copies of qualifications, your resume or other paperwork, ready to upload.

ECU Experience

Starting a course is an exciting and sometimes daunting time, so we make a massive effort to ensure you get all the support you need to have a positive experience.