Designed for students who want to take the lead in any business, the management major provides a modern and practical understanding of a career in management.
Students will graduate with a theoretical and practical understanding of organisational behaviour, leadership, general management, strategic management, human resource management and business ethics along with vital employability skills which employers are looking for in graduates. The major is relevant for all line managers and professionals aspiring to be in managerial positions.
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|MAN2145||Human Resource Management||15|
|Plus two (2) units from:|
|SBL2100 ^||Cultural Business Intelligence||15|
|MAN2610 ^||Managing for Sustainability||15|
|MAN3705 ^||International Negotiation||15|
^ Core Option
For more detailed unit information for this Major take a look at our Handbook. To organise your life for next semester visit the Semester timetable.Student handbook
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging management problems systematically.
- Apply broad management knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Communicate management knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Generate creative ideas for management innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one's own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect on appreciation of the interrelationship between management ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Opportunities for graduates exist in human resource management, strategic management, business ethics and management consulting. Management careers exist in all industries. With the recent steady growth in the economy, management specialists will be sought across most industries.
Possible future job titles
Business Manager, Manager, Management Consultant, Team Leader, Supervisor, Administrator