International students must attain an IELTS Academic with an average level of 7.5 or more, across the four components of listening, speaking, reading and writing; no score below level 7.0 in any of these components; and, a score of 8.0 or more in the components of speaking and listening. Internationally schooled applicants may also be required to meet this requirement.
Minimum English standard requirements for this course may also be satisfied with one of the following:
- Year 12 English ATAR/English Literature ATAR grade C or better or equivalent;
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test;*
- Successfully completed 1.0 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher in the UK, Ireland, USA, NZ or Canada;
- University Preparation Course;
- Indigenous University Orientation Course;*
- Aboriginal Student Intake Test;*
- AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree; or
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent).
If secondary education and degree studies were completed within a period of 2 years before applying for registration in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the USA, applicants do not need to provide proof of English competency.
Applicants who have completed their secondary education in South Africa in English and have an undergraduate degree taught in English from a South African University are deemed to have met English language requirements.
Applicants from the Seychelles:
Successful completion of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) grade C or above, PLUS a completed 4 year National Diploma.