Skip to main content Skip to navigation Skip to footer

ECU campuses have Student Health Services to provide you with all kinds of health support, both physical and mental.

Medical centres on-campus

You can make an appointment to see a doctor at Joondalup or Mount Lawley campuses.

Appointments are available Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 4.30pm.

If you require a long appointment (more than 15 minutes), please let us know when you make your booking.

Joondalup Campus

Building 6, Room 6.230
(+61 8) 6304 5618
See our campus map

Mount Lawley Campus

Building 8, Room 8.109
(+61 8) 9370 6814
See our campus map

South West Campus

There is no medical centre at the South West Campus, but there are medical centres in Bunbury and surrounds.


If you're living on campus you can always contact our Security team for assistance on (+61 8) 6304 3333, or use our new Security app, called Now Force.

Medical centres off-campus

There are also many medical centres across Western Australia that can assist you. If you wish to see a doctor, contact your nearest centre to make an appointment.

You can also get health information from:

  • Health Direct Australia – a free 24-hour telephone service offering health information and advice. You can call 1800 022 222 if you wish to speak to a registered nurse.
  • The Mental Health Commission – lists a number of ways to reach out for help, some of which are available 24 hours.
  • Get the Facts – provides sexual health information and assistance to everyone in Western Australia.

How to find an after-hours GP

After hours GP (general practitioner or doctor) clinics are available across Western Australia.

Visit the Department of Health service finder for a list of GP after-hours clinics.

Alternatively, you can use the free Medibank app (or another health insurance provider's app if they have one) to find a GP.

Bringing prescription medication into Australia

You can bring prescription medicine into Australia, depending on the type of medication you're taking.

You should check with Australia's Department of Health to confirm that your medicine can be brought into Australia.

Before you arrive in Australia you should visit your doctor and get copies of medical records, vaccination records and any prescriptions you may have.

Where possible, obtain a letter from your doctor to accompany any medications you are taking.


Make sure that all prescription medications are up-to-date before arriving in Australia.

Related articles

Overseas Student Health Cover

As an international student, you'll need to get health cover before arriving in Australia. Here's everything you need to know to get started.

Read More

Preparing to travel to Perth

If you're moving to Perth from overseas or interstate we recommend you arrive 3 weeks before uni starts to attend Orientation.

Read More


What does
that mean?
Here's a quick guide to some of the things we mention during the Preparing stage.
  • If you're studying at ECU on a student visa, you'll need to pay Overseas Student Health Cover when you pay the tuition fees applicable to you for the first semester.

    This is a compulsory and basic insurance product, covering emergency medical conditions, public hospitals and most of the cost of visiting a doctor.

View more uni-speak