Skip to main content Skip to navigation Skip to footer

By the time you've read this article you should have accepted our offer to study in Perth, Western Australia. And since you've decided to make Perth your home for the next three years (or more), you've probably done some research into our beautiful city and state.

This page has some additional information you might find useful. The StudyPerth website can also be a great source of information about living and studying in Perth.

Visit StudyPerth

Can I drive with my International licence in Western Australia?

If you're an international student in Western Australia, you can drive the same vehicles that you are authorised to drive on your overseas licence, for as long as it remains valid in the country of issue.

If your overseas licence ceases to be valid, you must apply for a WA licence to continue driving.

You should also familiarise yourself with the various rules and penalties that apply when driving in Western Australia.

See info for Visitors from overseas

How to find an interpreter or translator

To access an interpreter you should call 13 14 50.

The Department of Home Affairs operates an interpreting service called the Translating and Interpreting Service.

This is a 24-hour, 7 days-a-week telephone interpreting service to all states and territories in Australia, with a panel of over 1900 interpreters speaking more than 170 languages and dialects.

Find an interpreter

Connecting with communities in Perth

Perth is one of the most multicultural cities in Australia, home to a vast array of ethnic groups and cultural activities. For information about clubs, associations, religious groups and other organisations relating to your home country, visit the Office of Multicultural Interests website.

Here's some information about prayer facilities on our Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses.

Support when you need it

Related articles

Life meets study

Help with balancing or adjusting your usual life to your new one as a uni student.

Read More

Medical advice and help

ECU campuses have Student Health services providing physical and mental health support and doctors are available at Joondalup or Mount Lawley campus clinics.

Read More


What does
that mean?
Here's a quick guide to some of the things we mention during the Preparing stage.
  • CRICOS is the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. A CRICOS code is allocated to education institutions (like ECU) who are approved to recruit, enrol and deliver education to overseas students. Courses with a CRICOS code are available to international students who meet the entry requirements.

View more uni-speak