Law in Business Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|LAW1100||Legal Framework I||15|
|LAW1600||Legal Writing and Research||15|
|LAW2106||Intellectual Property Law||15|
|LAW3201||Law of Banking and Credit III||15|
|LAW3221||Trade Practices, Competition and Consumer Protection Law||15|
- Apply broad law in business knowledge to a range of business situations, incorporating international/global/cultural perspectives.
- Access, analyse and critically evaluate relevant information to solve challenging law in business problems systematically.
- Communicate law in business knowledge, concepts and advice persuasively and clearly in both written and oral formats, using relevant technology.
- Collaborate effectively in team settings to produce measurable outcomes.
- Generate creative ideas for business innovations that respond to opportunities and constant change.
- Reflect on feedback and critique one’s own performance in order to identify and plan opportunities for development.
- Value professional behaviours and/or personal citizenship that reflect an appreciation of the interrelationship between business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Potential opportunities exist in a variety of corporate, government and non-government settings. The grounding in important legal units, as well as the core units in a student's Bachelor degree makes graduates with this major a welcome asset in a wide variety of settings, their legal nous complementing their other significant qualifications.
Possible future job titles
Company Director, Office Administrator or Manager, Administration Manager, Contract Manager or Officer, Compliance Officer, Legal Administration Officer