Marine and Freshwater Science Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SCI1187||Form and Function in Biology||15|
|SCM2110||Marine and Freshwater Processes||15|
|SCI2111||Marine and Fisheries Biology||15|
|SCI3210||Marine and Coastal Ecosystems||15|
|Plus 1 unit from:|
|SCB3201 ^||Studies in Ecology||15|
|SCI3150 ^||Science Project||15|
|SCM2201 ^||Soil and Land Processes||15|
|SCI3453 ^||Sustainable Natural Resource Management||15|
^ Core Option
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical marine and/or freshwater science situations.
- Think critically to analyse, interpret complex marine and/or freshwater science problems and devise strategies for their solutions.
- Think creatively to anticipate challenges and design strategies to address marine or freshwater problems.
- Apply ecological and digital literacies to access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Communicate disciplinary knowledge and values in professional and public contexts.
- Demonstrate a global outlook on organismal diversity.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate initiative to implement social, sustainable, and ethical values, including Indigenous cultural competence.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and judgement for own learning and professional practice.
Possible future job titles
Marine Biologist, Marine Scientist, Environmental Officer, Water Manager, Marine Park Manager, Marine Park Ranger