Environmental Management Major
Unit set overview
Availability & Campus
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Credit Points|
|SCI1193||Introduction to Environmental Science||15|
|SCC1123||Chemistry for the Life Sciences||15|
|SCI3206||Environmental Investigation and Monitoring||15|
|SCM3203||Environmental Impact Assessment||15|
|Plus 3 units from:|
|SCI2108 ^||Environmental Management and Sustainability||15|
|SCI2115 ^||Ecological Restoration||15|
|SCI2371 ^||Sustainable Water||15|
|SCI3453 ^||Sustainable Natural Resource Management||15|
|SCI3307 ^||Waste Management||15|
|SCM2104 ^||Geographical Information Systems||15|
|SCM2201 ^||Soil and Land Processes||15|
^ Core Option
- Apply broad discipline knowledge to a range of theoretical and practical environmental management situations.
- Think critically to analyse and interpret complex environmental management problems and devise strategies for their solutions.
- Think creatively to anticipate environmental challenges and design approaches for their solution.
- Apply environmental, digital and managerial literacies to access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from multiple sources.
- Communicate disciplinary knowledge and values in professional and public contexts.
- Demonstrate a global outlook with respect for environmental, cultural and economic diversity.
- Work collaboratively and demonstrate initiative to implement social, sustainable, and ethical values, including Indigenous cultural competence.
- Demonstrate autonomy, accountability and judgement for own learning and professional practice.
Possible future job titles
Environmental Officer, Environmental Consultant, Landcare Officer, , Environmental Education Provider, Coastcare Officer, Landcare Ranger, Coastcare Ranger, Marine and National Park Ranger, Research Assistant, Ecotourism Officer, Eco-recreation Officer,