At a glance
- You must be an international student applicant who applies for, and receives an offer, or a conditional offer to commence studies at ECU in either semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018.
- Students who meet ECU standard course entry from Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Myanmar, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, UK, USA and Vatican City are eligible for International Undergraduate Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% of tuition fees for the duration of an ECU bachelor degree.
- Whilst ECU continues to offer this scholarship all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- You must not be a current ECU student to apply for this scholarship.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be commencing study at ECU in semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018;
- meet ECU’s academic direct entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be an international student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree; and
- be studying at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot note use for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship can only be retained if a recipient defers their studies for a maximum of one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
Students are invited to apply through any one of ECU Authorised Education Agents.
Students can also apply online on the ECU Online Application Portal.
All qualifying applications to ECU are automatically assessed for the International Undergraduate Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer;
- have met entry requirements relevant to their chosen course of study;
- accept their Letter of Offer as per the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed.
The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not meet the dates and deadlines stipulated.
For more information