Dr Graeme Gower
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6558, Mobile: 0417 934 784, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML15.109
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6558|
|Mobile:||0417 934 784|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9370 6055|
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), Edith Cowan University, 2015.
- MEd (Master of Education), Edith Cowan University, 1999.
- Post Grad Dip of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1993.
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1986.
- Diploma of Teaching, Edith Cowan University, 1979.
Recent Research Grants
- Evaluation of Foodbank WA s School Breakfast and Food Nutrition Program (01/2015FBWA), Foodbank, Grant, 2015 - 2018, $345,288.
- Improving educational opportunities for Aboriginal Education Workers through technology based pedagogy, Office for Learning and Teaching, OLT - Innovation and Development Grant, 2013 - 2016, $10,280.
- WA Adolescent Cooking and Food Literacy Study, Foodbank, Grant, 2014 - 2015, $152,868.
- Food for learning: Impact of the WA Healthy Food for All program in low SES schools, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration Grant - 2014 (Round 1), 2013 - 2014, $70,061.
- Engaging Aboriginal Children and their teachers with science, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2011 - 2012, $62,157.
- High Achievers' Science Program for Aboriginal Students, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2011, $72,606.
- Review of Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer Program, Department of Education and Training WA, Grant, 2008 - 2011, $268,329.
- Effective Test Literacy Strategies for Aboriginal Student Success in the Western Australian Literacy and Numeracy Assessment, Aboriginal Education and Training Council, Grant, 2008, $33,705.
- Effective Science Program Delivery for Remote Area Schools, Scitech, Grant, 2008, $7,273.
- Continued detailed recording of culturally significant Aboriginal sites in Southwestern Australia as a guide to Noongar use of country, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2005 - 2007, $65,388.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Gower, G., Byrne, M., (2012), Becoming a culturally competent teacher: beginning the journey. Reform and Resistance in Aboriginal Education, 379-402, Crawley, Western Australia.
- Hackling, M., Byrne, M., Gower, G., Anderson, K., (2015), A pedagogical model for engaging Aboriginal children with science learning. Teaching Science, 61(1), 27-39, Deakin, ACT, Australia.
- Gower, G., (2012), Ethical research in Indigenous Australian contexts & it's practical implementation. International Conference: Innovative Research in a Changing & Challenging World. Conference Proceedings (B), 47-58, Tasmania.