Terms of Reference
- To maintain a model of governance at ECU which is guided by best practice and reflects Council’s commitment to continuous improvement in University governance.
- Advise Council on governance issues, including:
- the governance of the University, including its regulatory, policy and delegations frameworks;
- the operation of Council including the Corporate Governance Statement, the Standing Orders, the Code of Conduct for Council members and the operation and structure of Council Committees;
- the monitoring of Council’s and members’ performance and effectiveness review;
- Professional development of Council members and Council as a body.
- To make decisions on matters delegated to the Committee by Council.
Membership and meetings
See downloads for more information on the membership and meeting schedule of the Governance Committee.
Agendas and minutes
To enquire about access to agendas and minutes from the Governance Committee please contact the Committee Secretary below.
Director and Council Secretary
Mrs Janice Tracey
Governance Committee Secretary
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2453