Terms of Reference
- Recommend to Council amendments to the ECU Act or the adoption, amendment or repeal of University Statutes, Rules and By-Laws necessary or advisable for the effective governance of the University.
- Provide advice on both the content/intent of the proposed changes as well as the form of the proposed changes.
- Where necessary and appropriate ensure that legal advice is obtained in relation to any changes to the ECU ACT, University Statutes, Rules or By-Laws recommended to Council.
- Report to Council on such matters as may be referred to it by the Council, the Chancellor or the Vice-Chancellor.
- Make decisions on matters delegated to the Committee by Council.
Membership and meetings
See downloads for more information on the membership and meeting schedule of the Legislative Committee.
Agendas and minutes
To enquire about access to agendas and minutes from the Legislative Committee please contact the Committee Secretary below.
Legislative Committee Secretary
Mrs Janice Tracey
Director and Council Secretary
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2453