Professor Mark Stoney
Associate Dean Teaching and Learning
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5565|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5849|
- Insolvency Law and Corporations Law.
Mark has been a barrister and solicitor for more than 30 years and has extensive teaching experience in many areas of law.
Mark is Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning for the Faculty of Business and Law, and has held many senior management positions within the School of Law and Justice, the Faculty of Business and Law and the University over many years. Mark has won numerous teaching and learning awards at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels including the:
- Vice-Chancellor’s award for “Excellence in Teaching”;
- Vice –Chancellor’s award for “Engagement in Teaching and Learning”;
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for “Service to the University Community”; and
- Dean’s Award for “Exemplifying University Values”.
- Chair of the University’s Student Appeals Committee;
- Chair of the Human Research Ethics Committee;
- Member of a number of Law Society of WA committees;
- Member of Western Australian Dispute Resolution Association Inc (WADRA); and
- Chair of the Board of the Northern Suburbs Community Legal Centre.
- Associate Dean, Office of Teaching and Learning.
- LLM (with distinction).
- Internet and e-commerce related issues and insolvency law (particularly in the area of statutory demands and directors duties to creditors as a company approaches insolvency).
Current research area:
- The legal implications of Universities adopting the Turnitin program.