Monday, 11 October 2010
Research Week presentations are now available at Research Online; a new institutional repository launched by the ECU Library in conjunction with Research Week 2010.
Research Online is a publicly accessible, permanent and searchable digital repository of research output produced by staff, postgraduate students and affiliated authors that will allow ECU research to be viewed on the world stage.
Institutional Repositories bring together a university's published research output in electronic form. The aim of a repository is to preserve and provide open access to that research.
Access to research is enhanced via improved discovery as searches conducted in common internet tools such as Google will locate material held in repositories.
A wide range of presentations from Research Week are now available, with those from the Faculty of Business and Law including:
- Professor Alan Brown - ‘What Examiners Look for in a Thesis’.
- Professor Dave Allen - ‘Risk Modelling in Finance’.
- Mr Greg Maguire - ‘Experiences in Collaborative Research with Industry: Advantages and Risks’.
- Ms Margaret Giles - ‘Study in prison: consumption or investment?'
- Ms Maureen Couacaud - ‘Discovering Library Research Collections in the 21st Century’.
- Dr Sandra Pereira - ‘Troubleshooting with Surveys’.
For more information about Research Online, contact:
Graduate Research School
Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6344