Mr Dean Roepen
Lecturer - Teaching Focussed Role
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 5907|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 6304 5633|
Dean Roepen began work at Edith Cowan University in 2009 and has since excelled in the field of higher education. Adopting the principles of quality teaching and learning within his classes, Dean has won multiple awards in his role as lecturer/unit coordinator within the School of Business.
Dean’s role involves the planning and teaching of curriculum in the Business Edge program, a series of units which focus on equipping students with the employability skills required for success in the workforce. Dean has developed curriculum for face-to-face, online and international clientele and has guest lectured at universities in Vietnam, Istanbul and Dubai.
In addition to his work in the classroom, Dean has been involved in research projects based on the scholarship of teaching and learning. Dean is currently involved in a research study which involves investigating graduate perceptions on how to effectively make the transition from higher education into the workforce.
- BES1500 - Business Communication and Analysis unit
- 2013 - Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
- 2012 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 2004 - B.Ed. Curtin University
Awards and recognition
- 2013 - Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching - Early Teaching Career Award.
- 2012 - Faculty of Business and Law, Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
- 2011 - Faculty of Business and Law, Dean's Award for Quality Publication in an A Star Journal.
- 2011 - ECU Golden Key International Honour Society.
- 2009 - Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Engagement (Awarded to the Business Edge Team).
- Educational technologies;
- Explicit skills teaching; and
- Higher education.
- Riebe, L., Sibson, R., Roepen, D. & Meakins, K. (2013). Industry guest speaker impact on business student perceptions of the development of employability skills. Industry and Higher Education. 27(1).
- Riebe, L., Roepen, D., Santarelli, B. & Marchioro, G. (2010). Teamwork: effectively teaching and employability skill. Education + Training, 52(6/7), p. 528-539.
- Riebe, L., Sibson, R., Roepen, D. & Meakins, K. (2012). Perceptions and expectations of undergraduate business students of industry guest speakers in an employability skills program. Proceedings of e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 7 November, 2012.
- Roepen, D., Riebe, L., & Santarelli, B. (2010). Getting the teamwork Edge: Sustaining skills of future employability. Proceedings of the Teaching and Learning Forum 2010, Edith Cowan University, 28 January, 2010.
- Riebe, L., Roepen, D. & Santarelli, B. (2009). Surviving teamwork: Engaging in the process to develop and sustain a key employability skill. Proceedings of e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 5 November, 2009.