Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2450, Mobile: 0439996367, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO2.338
Gary is a Lecturer in the Faculty of Business and Law's School of Business and Unit Coordinator for Business Career Development and Business Capstone.
- MBA6130 Effective Workplace Participation, Unit Coordinator.
- BES3100 Business Career Development, Unit Coordinator.
- BES3500 Business Capstone, Unit Coordinator.
- Program Manager, Management. University of Notre Dame.
- Lecturer. Marketing, Management and International Business. University of Notre Dame.
- Lecturer and Unit Coordinator, Murdoch Business School.
- Unit Coordinator and Director Undergraduate Offshore Programs, Murdoch Business School.
- Regional Manager, State and Commonwealth Public Services.
- Web design consultancy company, Perth.
- BA (UWA)
- Grad Dip (UWA)
- Grad Dip Info Stud (CUT)
- Grad Cert Man (TAFE)
- Grad Dip Comp Stud (ECU)
- MEC (Murd)
- Australian Institute of Management (Western Australia), Member.
- Australia Indonesia Business Council, Member.
- Indonesia Institute, Member.
- Balai Bahasa, Member.
Awards and recognition
- 2015 - Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning.
- 2013 - Dean’s Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
- 2011 - ECU, Faculty of Business and Law Dean’s Award for Quality Publication in Journals.
- 2009 - ECU Vice Chancellor's Award for Engagement (Business Edge Team).
- 2009 - University of Notre Dame (USA) Commendation for USA - Fremantle Singapore Field trip.
- 2008/9 - Nomination for the Vice Chancellor Teaching Excellence Awards University of Notre Dame.
- 2005/6 - Nomination for the Vice Chancellor Teaching Excellence Awards Murdoch University.
- 2004/5 - Nomination for the Vice Chancellor Teaching Excellence Awards Murdoch University.
- 2005 - Initiated and jointly developed the Woodside and Murdoch University Libya (North Africa) business relationship.
Research areas and interests
- CSR and sustainability
- Teaching offshore students
- 2010 - Developing local and contextualised case studies to promote Internationalisation. Special Learning and Teaching Grants Scheme, Centre for Learning and Development, ECU.
- Marchioro, G., Ryan, M.M., & Perkins, T. (2014). Implementing an interdisciplinary student centric approach to work-integrated learning. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 15(4), 359-368.
- Marchioro, G. & Ryan, M. (2013). Interdisciplinary studies in higher education. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education. (In Progress).
- Marchioro, G., Ryan, M. & Cripps, H. (2011). Student enfranchisement in business undergraduate studies. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 12 (2), 103-110.
- RIEBE, L., Roepen, D., Santarelli, B. & Marchioro, G. (2010). Teamwork: Effectively teaching an employability skill. Education + Training. 52(6/7).
- Marchioro, G. (2009). Student engagement using field work and cross cultural immersion. Special issue on teaching and learning. INTI Journal., 125-131.
- Hart, D., FU, T., Marchioro, G. & Ryan, M. (2012). Education Evolution: A Qualitative Study of Student Perception. ANZAM 2012, Perth.
- Marchioro, G., Ryan, M. & Perkins, T. (2011). Integrating the academic experience: An inter-disciplinary approach to the authentic marketing research experience
- Marchioro, G. (2010). Proposal to explore the use of new strategies to create a community based decision making process for Indigenous peoples.
- Marchioro, G., Ryan, M. & Cripps, H. (2010). Work experience: Business students’ voice!
- Marchioro, G., & Ryan, M. (2010). Multi research methods using captive respondents.
- Ryan, M. & Marchioro, G. (2009). Exploring the use of textbooks with first year students: are they springboards for learning.
- Marchioro, G. & Ryan. M. (2008). Textbooks: Fast Food or Dine-In? Preliminary Views.