WA Police national criminal clearance
All students who anticipate working with the aged require a WA Police national criminal clearance. This is in addition to the other police screening requirements.
- Collect a form from any Australia Post outlet. Go to the Australia Post website to locate your nearest outlet. Alternatively, complete the form online at the WA Police website.
- Once the application is complete, take it to a participating Australia Post outlet with your proof of identity and payment.
- All costs are the student's responsibility.
- If you have never been charged with any offence, your certificate should be returned within a week. Otherwise, it may take up to 3 weeks.
- Do not sign the form until you are in front of the Australia Post representative.
- You are required to provide your current proof of identity and 100 points of identification.
- Go to the National Police Checks website for information on appropriate forms of identification. You will also find here information on completing the form.
A $55.50 payment is required for your application. Payment can be made by EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or cash.
Cheques are not accepted.
The National Police Criminal Clearance has no expiry date. The validity is determined by the clinical placement facilities.
When to apply
Before the end of first semester in first year for undergraduate and masters students.
Once you have received the certificate, submit with all your documentation to your Discipline specific Clinical Placement Coordinator. A copy will be placed in your files.