Research Areas and Interests
Dr Jitian Xiao
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6056, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML13.236
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6056|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 61 8 9370 6100|
Jitian is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer and Security Science.
- Data Structures
- Principles of Distributed Systems
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- 2001-present: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Computer and Security Science, ECU
- 2000-2001: Lecturer, Gippsland School of Computer and Information Science, Monash University, Australia
- 1997-2000: PhD candidate and tutor, School of Mathematics and Computing, The University of Sothern Queensland, Australia
- 1983-1996: Lecturer, Department of Electronics and Information Science, Hebei University, China
- IEEE Senior Member
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Research Areas and Interests
- Database and applications
- Data mining and web mining
- Decision support Information system and forecasting
- Network application
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Edith Cowan University, 2005 .
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Southern Queensland, 2001 .
Recent Research Grants
- Strategies and Approaches to Teaching and Learning Cross Cultures, Office for Learning and Teaching, OLT - Grant (pre-2013), 2008 - 2009, $7,000.
- Intelligent strategies and parallel algorithms for spatial data clustering and join processing, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2004 - 2006, $14,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Xiao, J., Subsorn, P., (2012), A new latex price forecasting model to reduce the risk of rubber overpopulation in Thailand. Handbook on decision making: Vol 2: Risk management in decision making, 33(10), 191-203, New York.
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2010), Patterns Relevant to the Temporal Data-Context of an Alarm of Interest. Dynamic and Advanced Data Mining for Progressing Technological Development: Innovations and Systemic Approaches, 18-39, USA, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60566-908-3.
- Subsorn, P., Xiao, J., Clayden, J., (2010), Forecasting Rubber Production using Intelligent Time Series Analysis to Support Decision Makers. Decision Support Systems, Advances In, 43 ? 56, Croatia.
- Ge, P., Hao, P., Cao, M., Guo, G., Lv, D., Subburaj, S., Li, X., Yan, X., Xiao, J., Ma, W., Yan, Y., (2013), iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis reveals new metabolic pathways of wheat seedling growth under hydrogen peroxide stress. Proteomics, 13(20), 3046-3058, DOI: 10.1002/pmic.201300042.
- Vagh, Y., Xiao, J., (2012), A Data Mining Perspective of the Dual Effect of Rainfall and Temperature on Wheat Yield. International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering,, 1(4), 358-364, Singapore, DOI: 10.7763/IJCCE.
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2009), Using event-intervals to analyze alarm sequences in a chemical plant. Journal of Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology, 3(3), 267-281, Beijing China, DOI: 10.3778/j.issn.1673-9418.2009.03.000.
- Vagh, Y., Xiao, J., (2012), Mining temperature profile data for shire-level crop yield prediction. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 39(15-17 July 2012), 77-83, Xian, China.
- Xiao, J., (2012), An efficient web document clustering algorithm for building dynamic similarity profile in similarity-aware web caching. Proceedings - International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 4(15-17 July 2012), 1268-1273, Piscataway, N. J., DOI: 10.1109/ICMLC.2012.6359547.
- Zhu, D., Xiao, J., (2011), R-tfidf, A variety of tf-idf term weighting strategy in document categorization. Proceedings - 7th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge, and Grids, SKG 2011, 83-90, Beijing, China, DOI: 10.1109/SKG.2011.44.
- Qin, Y., Wang, H., Xiao, J., (2011), Effective Scheduling Algorithm for On-Demand XML Data Broadcasts in Wireless Environments. Database Technologies 2011: Proceedings of the 22nd Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2011), 115(17-20 January 2011), 95-102, Sydney, Australia.
- Xiao, J., Lu, J., Chin, K., Xu, J., Yao, J., (2010), Cross-cultural Learning Challenges and Teaching Strategies for First-year Asian Students in Australian Universities. CSEDU 2010 2nd International Conference on Computer Supported Education Proceedings. Volume 2, 2(7-10, April 2010), 297-303, Spain.
- Egea, K., Lu, J., Xiao, J., Clear, T., (2010), ACE2010 Panel: Internationalisation and Cross Cultural Issues in Computing Education. Proceedings of 12th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2010), 103(18-21 January), 25-31, Darlinghurst, Australia.
- Lu, J., Chin, K., Yao, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., (2010), Cross-Cultural Education: Learning Methodology and Behaviour Analysis for Asian Students in IT Field of Australian Universities. Proceedings of 12th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2010), 103(18-21 January), 117-125, Darlinghurst, Australia.
- Xiao, J., (2010), Construction of Similarity Profile of Dynamic Web Documents for Similarity-aware Web Content Management. ICWMMN 2010 The Third IET International Conference on Wireless, Mobile & Multimedia Networks Proceedings ICWMMN 2010, 335-338, London, UK, DOI: 10.1049/cp.2010.0684.
- Subsorn, P., Xiao, J., (2009), Price Forecasting in the Public Agricultural Rubber Industry in Thailand: A Preliminary Investigation. AISAT 2009. The 3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Science and Technology (AISAT) Proceedings, 1(23-24 November 2009), 6p., Hobart, Tasmania.
- Lu, J., Chin, KL., Yao, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., (2009), Cross-Cultural Teaching and Learning Methodology Analysis for Asian Students in Australian Universities. Proceedings of ICITM'09. International Conference on Innovation in Teaching and Management of Higher Education (ICITM09), 1(21-23 December 2009), 12p., Malaysia.
- Xiao, J., (2009), A Match-based Approach to Optimize Conformance Test Sequence Generation using Mp-method. IFCSTA 09 International Forum on Computer Science - Technology and Applications, 2009, 1(25-27 December 2009), 392-395, United States, DOI: 10.1109/IFCSTA.2009.101.
- Xiao, J., (2009), Caching Dynamic Web Documents using Similarity Profiles. AISAT 2009. The 3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Science and Technology (AISAT) Proceedings, 1(23-24 November 2009), 6p., Hobart, Tasmania.
- Chin, KL., Lu, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., Yao, J., (2009), Cross-cultural learning and teaching in Australian universities. Proceedings of Improving University Teaching (IUT2009): 34th International Conference - Navigating Innovations in Teaching and Learning, http://www.iutconference.org/index.htm, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mining Climate Data For Shire Level Wheat Yield Predictions In Western Australia.
- Doctor of Information Technology, An Investigation Into A Sales And Production Web-based Forecasting Decision Support System For The Public Agricultural Rubber Industry In Thailand..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Alarm Management - Mining For Groups Of Co-occuring Alarm Tags.