Research Areas and Interests
Dr Jitian Xiao
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6056|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 61 8 9370 6100|
- Data Structures
- Principles of Distributed Systems
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- 2001-present: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, School of Computer and Security Science, ECU
- 2000-2001: Lecturer, Gippsland School of Computer and Information Science, Monash University, Australia
- 1997-2000: PhD candidate and tutor, School of Mathematics and Computing, The University of Sothern Queensland, Australia
- 1983-1996: Lecturer, Department of Electronics and Information Science, Hebei University, China
- IEEE Senior Member
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Research Areas and Interests
- Database and applications
- Data mining and web mining
- Decision support Information system and forecasting
- Network application
- GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Edith Cowan University, 2005 .
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Southern Queensland, 2001 .
Recent Research Grants
- Strategies and Approaches to Teaching and Learning Cross Cultures, Australian Learning and Teaching Council, Grant, 2009, $2,000.
- Strategies and Approaches to Teaching and Learning Cross Cultures, Australian Learning and Teaching Council, Grant, 2008, $5,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2010), Patterns Relevant to the Temporal Data-Context of an Alarm of Interest. Dynamic and Advanced Data Mining for Progressing Technological Development: Innovations and Systemic Approaches, 18-39, USA, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60566-908-3.
- Subsorn, P., Xiao, J., Clayden, J., (2010), Forecasting Rubber Production using Intelligent Time Series Analysis to Support Decision Makers. Decision Support Systems, Advances In, 43 ? 56, Croatia.
- Vagh, Y., Xiao, J., (2012), A Data Mining Perspective of the Dual Effect of Rainfall and Temperature on Wheat Yield. International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering,, 1(4), 358-364, Singapore, DOI: 10.7763/IJCCE.
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2009), Using event-intervals to analyze alarm sequences in a chemical plant. Journal of Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology, 3(3), 267-281, Beijing China, DOI: 10.3778/j.issn.1673-9418.2009.03.000.
- Vagh, Y., Xiao, J., (2012), Mining temperature profile data for shire-level crop yield prediction. Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 39(15-17 July 2012), 77-83, Xian, China.
- Xiao, J., (2012), An efficient web document clustering algorithm for building dynamic similarity profile in similarity-aware web caching. Proceedings - International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 4(15-17 July 2012), 1268-1273, Piscataway, N. J., DOI: 10.1109/ICMLC.2012.6359547.
- Qin, Y., Wang, H., Xiao, J., (2011), Effective Scheduling Algorithm for On-Demand XML Data Broadcasts in Wireless Environments. Database Technologies 2011: Proceedings of the 22nd Australasian Database Conference (ADC 2011), 115(17-20 January 2011), 95-102, Sydney, Australia.
- Zhu, D., Xiao, J., (2011), R-tfidf, A variety of tf-idf term weighting strategy in document categorization. Proceedings - 7th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge, and Grids, SKG 2011, 83-90, Beijing, China, DOI: 10.1109/SKG.2011.44.
- Xiao, J., (2010), Construction of Similarity Profile of Dynamic Web Documents for Similarity-aware Web Content Management. ICWMMN 2010 The Third IET International Conference on Wireless, Mobile & Multimedia Networks Proceedings ICWMMN 2010, 335-338, London, UK, DOI: 10.1049/cp.2010.0684.
- Xiao, J., Lu, J., Chin, K., Xu, J., Yao, J., (2010), Cross-cultural Learning Challenges and Teaching Strategies for First-year Asian Students in Australian Universities. CSEDU 2010 2nd International Conference on Computer Supported Education Proceedings. Volume 2, 2(7-10, April 2010), 297-303, Spain.
- Egea, K., Lu, J., Xiao, J., Clear, T., (2010), ACE2010 Panel: Internationalisation and Cross Cultural Issues in Computing Education. Proceedings of 12th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2010), 103(18-21 January), 25-31, Darlinghurst, Australia.
- Lu, J., Chin, K., Yao, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., (2010), Cross-Cultural Education: Learning Methodology and Behaviour Analysis for Asian Students in IT Field of Australian Universities. Proceedings of 12th Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE 2010), 103(18-21 January), 117-125, Darlinghurst, Australia.
- Xiao, J., (2009), A Match-based Approach to Optimize Conformance Test Sequence Generation using Mp-method. IFCSTA 09 International Forum on Computer Science - Technology and Applications, 2009, 1(25-27 December 2009), 392-395, United States, DOI: 10.1109/IFCSTA.2009.101.
- Xiao, J., (2009), Caching Dynamic Web Documents using Similarity Profiles. AISAT 2009. The 3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Science and Technology (AISAT) Proceedings, 1(23-24 November 2009), 6p., Hobart, Tasmania.
- Subsorn, P., Xiao, J., (2009), Price Forecasting in the Public Agricultural Rubber Industry in Thailand: A Preliminary Investigation. AISAT 2009. The 3rd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Science and Technology (AISAT) Proceedings, 1(23-24 November 2009), 6p., Hobart, Tasmania.
- Chin, KL., Lu, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., Yao, J., (2009), Cross-cultural learning and teaching in Australian universities. Proceedings of Improving University Teaching (IUT2009): 34th International Conference - Navigating Innovations in Teaching and Learning, http://www.iutconference.org/index.htm, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
- Lu, J., Chin, KL., Yao, J., Xu, J., Xiao, J., (2009), Cross-Cultural Teaching and Learning Methodology Analysis for Asian Students in Australian Universities. Proceedings of ICITM'09. International Conference on Innovation in Teaching and Management of Higher Education (ICITM09), 1(21-23 December 2009), 12p., Malaysia.
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2008), Analysis of Alarm Sequences in a Chemical Plant. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications, 5139(8-10 October), 135-146, Berlin Heidelberg, Germany.
- Kordic, S., Lam, P., Xiao, J., Li, H., (2008), A Data Driven Approach for Finding the Threshold Relevant to the Temporal Data Context of an Alarm of Interest. PRICAI 2008. Trends in Artificial Intelligence. 10th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Proceedings, LNAI 5351(15-19 December 2008), 985-990, Berlin, Germany.
- Xiao, J., Wang, J., (2008), A Type of Variation of Hamilton Problem with Applications. The Proceedings of the 9th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists, 88-93, Zhang Jia Jie, Hunan, China, .
- Subsorn, P., Xiao, J., Singh, K., (2008), A Web-Based Application of Group Decision Making in a Fuzzy Environment. Proceedings of ECTI-CON 2008 5th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology, pp17-20, Krabi, Thailand, .
- Xiao, J., (2008), Mining Evolving Web Sessions And Clustering Dynamic Web Documents For Similarity-Aware Web Content Management. Proceedings 4th International Conference ADMA 2008, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Vol. 5139, Advanced Data Mining and Applications, 5139( 8 - 10 October 2008), pp 99-110, Berlin, Heidelberg.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Information Technology, An Investigation Into A Sales And Production Web-based Forecasting Decision Support System For The Public Agricultural Rubber Industry In Thailand..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Alarm Management - Mining For Groups Of Co-occuring Alarm Tags.