Ms Janey Tudor-Owen
Graduate Research Assistant
Ms Janey Tudor-Owen is a Graduate Research Assistant in the School of Law and Justice in the Faculty of Business and Law.
- By appointment
- LAW4130 - Innocence Project
Jane completed a Bachelor of Social Work (Hons) in 2008 which included placement experience in hospital and child protection settings. Her honours dissertation considered the attitudes of social workers and the diagnosis of mental disorders.
Jane joined the Sellenger Centre for Research in Law, Justice and Social Change in 2011, working as a research assistant for the team evaluating the Western Australian Suicide Prevention Strategy (1Life).
In 2012 Jane commenced her teaching role within the School of Law and Justice and she is currently the Project Manager for the Sellenger Centre’s Criminal Justice Review Project. Jane’s postgraduate study is examining the use of police recruits’ formal plans in investigative interviews with witnesses.
- Bachelor of Social Work (Hons), University of Western Australia.
Research areas and interests
- Investigative interviewing with witnesses; and
- Identification evidence.
- Scott, A.J., Pedretti, P., Tudor-Owen, J. & Bull, R. (in press). Are newly recruited police officers blank slates? An examination of the ‘natural’ interviewing skills of untrained recruits in Western Australia. Australasian Policing: A Journal of Professional Practice and Research.
- Scott, A.J., Tudor-Owen, J., Henry, P.J., Pedretti, P., & Bull, R. (2013). Is preparation everything? An analysis of police recruits’ plans for interviews with witnesses. Paper presented at the 6th Annual Conference of the International Investigative Interviewing Research Group, 3-5 July, Maastricht, Netherlands.
- Scott, A.J., Tudor-Owen, J., Pedretti, P., Henry, P.J., & Bull, R. (2013). Is preparation everything? An analysis of police recruits’ plans for interviews with witnesses. Poster presented at the Australian Psychological Society Forensic Psychology Conference, 18-20 April, Fremantle, Australia.
- Tudor-Owen, J., Scott, A.J., Pedretti, P., Henry, P.J. & Bull, R. (2012). How intuitive is PEACE? An examination of untrained police recruits’ plans, interviews and evaluations. Poster presented at the 32nd Annual Congress of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 23-25 November, Melbourne, Australia.