Dr Anne Aly
Adjunct Senior Lecturer
Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Graduate Diploma in Language Studies, Edith Cowan University .
- PhD (Doctoral Degree), Edith Cowan University, 2008 .
- Master of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1996 .
Recent Research Grants
- A Social Marketing Approach to Evaluating the Effectiveness of the 'Countering Racism in Schools Tool', Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2009 - 2010, $133,800.
- Development and Evaluation of an Ethnicity Data Collection Tool to Inform Health Practice - CaLD Background Women with Co-morbidity, Women's Health Care Association Inc, Grant, 2009 - 2010, $18,000.
- Benchmarking smoking uptake in Western Australian immigrant adolescents, Healthway (WA Health Promotion Foundation), Healthway - Grant, 2007 - 2008, $19,981.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Aly, A., (2010), A Study of Audience Responses to the Media Discourse about the ?Other?: The Fear of Terrorism between Australian Muslims and the Broader Community., 428, London.
- Aly, A., (2010), Fear, victimisation and identity: The community victimisation perspective and social inclusion of Australian Muslims. Muslims in Australia: The dynamics of exclusion and inclusion, 79-95, Melbourne.
- Aly, A., (2009), Lessons from the Past: The Historical Roots of Militant Islamic Ideology and its Influence on Contemporary Jihadist Movements. Doomed to Repeat?: Terrorism and the Lessons of History, 115-133, Washington, D.C..
- Aly, A., (2009), Media Hegemony, Activism and Identity: Muslim Women Representing Muslim Women. Beyond the Hijab Debates: New Conversations on Gender, Race and Religion., 18-30, Newcastle.
- Aly, A., Green, L., (2010), Fear, anxiety and the state of terror. Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, 33(3), 268-281, DOI: 10.1080/10576100903555796.
- Aly, A., (2010), Shifting Positions to the Media Discourse on Terrorism: Critical points in Audience Members? Meaning Making Experiences. Media International Australia Incorporating Culture and Policy: quarterly journal of media research and resources, 134(March), 31-45.
- Aly, A., (2009), The Terrorists? Audience: A Model of Internet Radicalisation. The Journal of the Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers, 17(1), 3-18.
- Aly, A., (2009), An Intervention to Increase Positive Attitudes and Address Misconceptions About Australian Muslims: A Call for Education and Open Mindedness. The Australian Community Psychologist, 21(2), 81- 93, Australia.
- Pedersen, A., Aly, A., Hartley, L., McGarty, C., (2009), An Intervention to Increase Positive Attitudes and Address Misconceptions About Australian Muslims: A Call for Education and Open Mindedness. Australian Community Psychologist: The official journal of the APS College Of Community Psychologists, 21(2), 81- 93, Australia.
- Aly, A., (2010), The Internet as Ideological Battleground. Proceedings of the SECAU Congress: First Australian Counter Terrorism Conference, 1-6, Perth, Western Australia.