Dr Graham McKay
Honorary Associate Professor
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Australian National University, 1975 .
- Bachelor of Arts Honours, The Australian National University, 1970 .
Recent Research Grants
- WA Aboriginal Languages Policy Discussion Paper, Dept of Indigenous Affairs, Grant, 2008, $7,947.
- Cross-cultural communication in the legal and justice systems: Aboriginal English speakers and non-indigenous service providers, Australian Institute of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies, Grant, 2005, .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- McKay, G., (2009), English and Indigenous Languages in the Australian Language Policy Environment. Making a difference: Challenges for applied linguistics, 283?297, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- McKay, G., (2009), Developing an Aboriginal language policy for Western Australia: Some issues. Studies in Applied Linguistics and Language Learning, 108?123, Newcastle on Tyne, UK.
- McKay, G., (2011), Policy and Indigenous languages in Australia. Australian Review of Applied Linguistics, 34(3), 297-319, VIC.
- McKay, G., (2010), Relational, Copula and Verbless Clauses in Rembarrnga. Selected Papers from the 2009 Conference of the Australian Linguistic Society, 23p., http://www.als.asn.au.
- McKay, G., (2008), Cohesive Features In Rembarrnga Narratives. Selected papers from the 2007 Conference of the Australian Linguistic Society, 17, Monash University, Victoria.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Role Of Metacognitive Strategies In Promoting Independent Learning Of English As A Foreign Language..
- Doctor of Philosophy, A Study Of Intercultural Discourse Between Anglo-australians And Mainland Chinese Speakers Of English..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Searching For The Semantic Boundaries Of The Japanese Colour Term 'ao'..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Perception And Practice Of Silence In Australian And Jordanian Societies: A Socio-pragmatic Study.